Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday Morning




Good Morning.


Sunday mornings are like no other. Unfortunately, there are a whole host of folks who miss out.


I get up and get ready for church. I go in and meet up with friends and family. For the most part everyone is happy to be there. We talk about the past week, things that were good, things that were bad.


We sing, we share, we enjoy each other. And we come into the presence of a Holy God, together.


Some people say " I can be just as close to got out on my boat, or in the woods, or just hanging with my family at home." I say bologne.


Something unique happens at church, that I don't believe happens anywhere else. Jesus said "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."


When is the last time you gathered to fish in the name of Jesus? When did you stay home on Sunday to gather in the name of Jesus? Sounds silly? It is.


God made you and me in His own image, or likeness some would say. He wants to have fellowship. Coming together to honor Him, and to seek to have fellowship with Him and His people, well that isn't a chore, it's a blessing.


But what is it that I said was unique about gathering at church? Well the Bible says that Jesus promises to be there like I already said. It also says that the Father attends the Son. In other words He is always overlooking what Jesus is doing. The Holy Spirit of God is inside of the believer. So by my way of thinking, church is really the only time that all three, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, are gathered with us in one place at one time. So that makes perfect communion, or fellowship.


I know that's a bit wordy, but I have lived this out in my own life, so I can testify, or witness to it's truth.


Sunday's are more beautiful whether rain or shine, hot or cold. Sunday's are the day that I remember how excited God is about me, and who I am. After all, He made me to be who I am, How I am.

Who wouldn't get excited about that?

But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.