Thursday, June 21, 2007

And Another One


Yes. I am extreme. When I get into something, I like to go all out.
I got another camera. This Beautiful Konica TC. Why? Because a while back my devoted wife found the deal of the century on 7 lenses. 4 of them were for a Konica camera. The others fit my Nikon.
I can't wait to get my hands on it so I can try out the lenses. I have become quite the camera geek. This one is 35mm film. Just another way to capture the world and all that is in it.
When you look at the world through a lens, you see things different. Or as one of my sisters put it, you notice things that you wouldn't if you weren't trying to focus on them.
I wish my faith in the Lord was more like photography. I would like for my desire to be to have the clearest picture, the best color and the greatest shot. I want my desire to share Christ to be like my desire to share my latest pictures.
I guess the Bible is like the lens on a camera. When I look at my life "through" it's view, things are more clearly focused. When I spend as much time studying His Word, as I do reading about photo stuff, He puts more color and clarity in my life. When I focus on The Lord, He gives me a greater desire to share what He has done in my life with others, and provides the greatest picture of a life lived to the fullest in Him.
I don't know if anyone actually reads any of my Blogs outside of my sisters... but if you think photography is exciting, then pause a minute and examine your relationship with Christ. If you know Him, that is if you have committed your life to Him, then what is it that YOU are focused on. Do you still live for yourself? Or do you live for Him?
If you don't know Him... why not? If you want an exciting life, full of expectation and excitement... then His way is the Best way. He said "I am come that you may have life, and live it more abundantly" (Joel's Paraphrase). Whosoever shall call upon the name of The Lord shall be saved!
The perfect life full of Joy and happiness, is the life lived in Christ Jesus. Focus, Color and clarity... I can't wait to see my new camera.