Saturday, January 9, 2016

Knock around camera

I am shopping for a new camera.  I sent my Sony NEX-VG20 to Adorama camera to get some cash to buy something I will use.  For sure I am ordering a SJCAM SJ5000x Elite action camera. 

It has a Sony sensor and shoots 4k.  Has a gyroscopic stabilization system, comes with mounts and waterproof case and has a 3" LCD screen.  It costs $129 so that one is a no brainer.

But I have been considering whether I should pickup another Nikon body like a D300 or maybe a D3100.  I am a sucker for the COMS sensors.  I have a D200 that has CCD and I rarely use it.  I would like to have a beater to use when I want to leave my Sony A7 at home.

Also trying to figure if there might be a good pocket camera.  It would have to be very small.  Probably a waster as my Blackberry classic has a pretty good point and shoot in it.


(My son and Daughter-in-law, shot w/ Blackberry)

It is hard to be a gadget guy.  So many decisions.