Saturday, January 9, 2016

IPAD or Surface?

I have been carrying an IPAD for about 2 years.  I used it for reading email and facebook.  I read my news on it.  It served it's purpose I suppose.  But it always fell short when it came to editing documents using Word, or when I need to you photoshop or acrobat.


So I have been interested in the Microsoft Surface 4 as it seemed to have a lot of what I need.  It runs Windows 10 and allows me to have full versions of Word and all Adobe apps, which I use frequently.

The screen is great, it is bigger so my aging eyes can see it better.  There are definitely some annoying issues regarding touch.  There are times it seems it can't make up its mind if it wants to be a tablet or a desktop.  Mostly when you visit websites. 

Initially I didn't have a keyboard/cover for it and the tablet only experience definitely isn't as smooth as the IPAD.  But once I added the keyboard with touchpad my issues were gone.

The pen is ok but I find that I rarely grab it.  My handwriting isn't steady enough for it to cipher what I write.  I suppose I could get better with practice.


After using it for a while I am happy with it.  It bridges the gap between a laptop and a tablet.  I like having all of my apps handy in a lightweight package.

It is definitely pricey though.  But I guess you get what you pay for.