Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bus Story - The origin of my Westy


So We loaded up the little 74 Beetle and headed to Augusta, GA where we traded for our new 1970 VW Westfalia Day Camper.































The guy in the pictures is Tom (From North Carolina). Great guy. He has many of the same interests I do.






























































I never dreamed I would be able to get a bus. Always wanted one. Don't know why it worked out now, but I sure am thankful. The pictures tell the story.

















































Now that it is home, I am doing a safety inspection to ensure it won't hurt me, or my passengers. Right now we have a fuel problem. The fuel is leaking into the oil pan which thins out the oil and can cause engine failure. It is possible that it's trip down on the car dolly may have cause fuel to leak through the needle valve into the heads. The tow dolly carries it on an extreme nose high angle, and research indicates that these engines do not like to be stored non-level. Let's hope so, otherwise I'll have to save up for a rebuild. Here are some more pictures.